Our aim is to collect as little data as is strictly necessary, putting you in control of what you share with us.
Our Privacy Notice is designed to make you aware of what data we are collecting and how we collect it. It will give you the information that you need, and will cover all the items required by European laws and regulations regarding consumer data. Please take time to read through our policies and our Terms and Conditions to understand what your rights are. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please write to us via email at legal @ pietrasanta-bijoux.com.
Who is collecting your information?
Any personal data collected by, or provided to, Pietrasanta is controlled by FDM Jewellery Ltd, owner of the Pietrasanta registered trademark, and processed by Pietrasanta Ltd, processor of the data and the entity that sells Pietrasanta products. Any reference to ‘Pietrasanta’, ‘FDM Jewellery’, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ on this website and Privacy Notices shall refer to FDM Jewellery Ltd, registered at Old Brewery House, 189 Stanmore Hill, Stanmore, HA7 3HA, UK.
This Privacy Notice applies to the collection of personal data by FDM Jewellery in relation to the products and services offered by the trademark ‘Pietrasanta’. It also applies to any marketing content that is provided by Pietrasanta, or any service provided by our behalf, which we send you on third party applications, platforms and websites based on the information you provide us with. Additional Privacy notices and Terms and Conditions apply to these third party websites, so please take time to understand them.
FDM Jewellery Ltd. is the data controller of the personal data you share with us. Pietrasanta Ltd is the data processor. As explained in this Privacy Notice, any third party services acting on behalf of Pietrasanta will be data processors, in line with the relevant legal grounds for processing and the processing activity you’ve consented to be part of.
Who is this Privacy Notice addressed to?
Pietrasanta’s services are aimed at individuals of 16 years and above, and our products and services are designed and intended for adults. This Privacy Notice applies to adults whose data has been collected via appropriate legal grounds.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data refers to any information that can be used to identify an individual. Any individual that does not wish to provide Pietrasanta with their personal data is free to do so. However, this may lead to: the individual not being able to use or access our products and services; altered quality of the service provided; and/or Pietrasanta’s ability to respond to their queries.
The ways in which we collect personal data include, but are not limited to, data that you directly give us, data that is automatically collected from us, and/ data that we collect form other sources, e.g. third party software providers.
Personal data directly given directly to us on how you use our products and services includes: the types of content you view or engage with, and the frequency and duration of your activities. With relation to signing up for a marketing newsletter, completing a survey or registering an account in order to make use of our services or buy our products, the information that we may ask you to provide us with includes: your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number or credit card details.
Personal data that we collect automatically includes information provided by your visit to our website or any other Pietrasanta platforms. The information we may automatically collect includes: your IP address, log-in information, location information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, length of visits to certain pages, page and App interactions, data on the URL clickstream to, through and from our Website, user behaviour such as length of Apps use, and unique device identifiers, your advertising ID, products you viewed or searched for, videos you have accessed, media download for offline access, screen resolution, device processing power and memory, download errors, playback errors and buffering issues, "cookies" and "web beacons".
Personal data may be collected from other sources if you use any third party platforms where Pietrasanta operates its accounts, such as social media. Personal data may be also obtained through third party sources that share your personal data through appropriate and relevant legal grounds of data processing, such as entities that provide advertisements, payments and delivery services, and analytics.
We are not intentioned to collect ‘special categories of personal data’, such as religion, race, ethnicity, health or sexuality. Any data pertaining to these categories that is erroneously provided to us will be deleted accordingly, as and when it is discovered.
What do we use your data for?
We collect the information you provide to offer you the best online experience of Pietrasanta’s services and products. Therefore, we only want to collect, process and share data when we absolutely need to, and for specific and limited purposes.
We collect, process and share you data based on the following requirements:
- To improve the ways in which we communicate and engage with you, be it through your subscription to our newsletter, or receiving notifications through Pietrasanta or third party platforms
- To offer and improve our online services and user experience
- To evaluate customers’ interests and requirements through consumer analytics, so to improve services, products, and online or offline propositions
- To offer products, communications and targeted advertising tailored to you
- To process payments of products bought through our online platforms, to provide details of your order, to assess and deal with inquiries, claims or complaints
- To allow you to register an account on our website, and to manage the communication and administrative requirements of your account
- To manage the legal and business requirements related to your participation in campaigns, contests, competitions, and promotions
- To validate the identity of customers contacting us via any online or offline means
- To support internal training and quality assurances practices
Pietrasanta’s products and services are designed and intended for adults. Therefore, any data collected that is thought to belong to under-age individuals will be deleted as soon as we become aware of it. Your personal data may be used in order to perform age verification checks in order to enforce age restrictions.
Legal grounds for processing your personal information
The way in which we will collect, process and share your personal data will include, but is not limited to, the following legal grounds:
- where you have provided us with your consent, e.g. for direct marketing activities, or through using technology such as cookies;
- where the processing is required for contractual reasons, e.g. for the contractual sale of a product and services associated with it;
- where there is a need to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. to disclose your personal data to our representatives acting in a legal dispute; and/or
- where there is legitimate interest to process your data, e.g. for fraud prevention, to provide our services and products to you; ensure a level of security is maintained to protect your registered account and safeguard your data; analytics on consumers’ behaviours on our platforms; refine and personalize the content we provide you with; determine the effectiveness of our campaigns and advertisements.
We will obtain your consent when we are required to.
Who will your data be shared with?
We will share your personal data internally, and with selected third parties, under the following circumstances:
- For internal administrative, operational, legal and financial Pietrasanta business practices
- For third party service providers, such as shipping and distribution partners, and advertising agencies
- For reasons related to legal disclosure, such as in order to comply with legal obligations; validate or enforce out Terms and Conditions, and any other applicable policies; to detect, deter and protect against fraud or any mal-practice
With relation to the transfer of personal data, we will share this information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Pietrasanta will only process and share personal data collected within the European Economic Area (EEA) to foreign countries under the following circumstances:
- In order to comply with a legal requirement;
- In order to follow your requirements
- In order to work with approved and required third parties, in accordance with appropriate legal grounds for sharing and processing your personal data.
Should we need to transfer personal data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that the same level of protection used within the EEA be followed, and one of the following security measures be used:
Transfer to a non-EEA Country whose privacy legislation ensures an adequate level of protection of personal data to the EEA one;
Put in place a contract with the foreign third-party that means they must protect personal data to the same standards as the EEA; or
Transfer personal data to organisations that are part of specific agreements on cross-border data transfers with the European Union (e.g., Privacy Shield, a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the United States and the European countries).
How do we protect your personal data?
Through the hosting of our services, we adopt necessary security measures and safeguards to ensure that your personal data is securely stored. Wherever possible, information not necessary for business, operation and legal requirements is rendered anonymous or pseudonymised. Financial information is processed for temporary transactions and is not stored. Access to any personal data is limited via specified and secure access controls, and is shared to third-partied via secure and compliant processes and only when required, as stated in this Privacy Notice.
How long will we keep your personal data for?
We will only keep your data for as long as it is required for the purpose it is being processed for. We aim to use as little data as possible, and therefore keep only what is necessary. Once the purpose for which your personal data is being used stops, and in line with the grounds of processing, we will take appropriate and timely measures to delete your data.
Alternatively, once there stops being a legal, business or consumer need for your data, we may wish to anonymise your personal data completely.
What are your rights?
In accordance to applicable law, you may have the rights stated below, in certain circumstances, in relation to the personal data that we store on you:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access and rectification.
- The right to data portability
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to not be part of an automated decision
We invite you to take the time to read through the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to better understand your rights and how your persona data may be used.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email and submitting a request to legal @ pietrasanta-bijoux.com.
How to contact Pietrasanta
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please write to us via email at legal @ pietrasanta-bijoux.com.
How do we keep this information up to date?
We will keep this privacy notice up to date to reflect changes in our products and services. This notice was last updated on 1st April 2019. Should this notice change in any fundamental way, a notice will be displayed for XX days. By continuing to use our website and services, you confirm your acceptance of this Privacy Notice and the relevant changes.
Additional Privacy terms or notices – in addition to this Privacy Notice, our campaigns and promotions may be governed by additional notices, terms and conditions. Please be sure to read these notices before partaking in them. Any additional relevant documentation will be made easily accessible to you via our services.
Our aim is to collect as little data as is strictly necessary, putting you in control of what you share with us.
Our Cookie Notice is designed to make you aware of what data we are collecting and how we collect it. It will give you the information that you need, and will cover all the items required by European laws and regulations regarding consumer data.
Please take time to read through our policies and our Terms and Conditions to understand what your rights are. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please write to us via email at legal @ pietrasanta-bijoux.com.
This Cookie Notice applies to this website, and any Pietrasanta official and branded pages and services hosted on third party platforms.
Any personal data collected by, or provided to, Pietrasanta is controlled by FDM Jewellery Ltd, the registered company under which this brand trades as. Any references to ‘we’, ‘Pietrasanta’ or ‘FDM Jewellery’ in this notice refer to FDM Jewellery Ltd, registered at Old Brewery House, 189 Stanmore Hill, Stanmore, HA7 3HA, United Kingdom.
This Cookie Notice applies to the collection of personal data by FDM Jewellery in relation to the products and services offered by the trademark ‘Pietrasanta’. It also applies to any marketing content that is provided by Pietrasanta, or any service provided by our behalf, which we send you on third party applications, platforms and websites based on the information you provide us with. Additional notices and Terms and Conditions apply to these third party websites, so please take time to understand them.
What is a cookie?
The term ‘cookies’ refers to files that contain information downloaded from any internet-enabled device. The website you visit drops cookies, or text files, onto your device in order to save the consumer’s information relating to specific device.
Simply, cookies are a technology that help to enhance your overall user experience, for example by collecting from your previous visit to improve the website’s performance, or remembering your website preferences.
There are many different types of cookies, each performing different functions. You can find more information about cookies, how to set and manage them by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Necessary cookies: required for the website and services to operate, and do not identify you as an individual
- Performance cookies: used to understand how you use our website and used enhance your user experience. These cookies do not identify you as an individual
- Functionality cookies: used to remember your preferences and to support the website’s functionality. These cookies usually do not collect personally identifiable information, though sometimes they do.
- Targeting / Advertising cookies: used to deliver relevant content to consumers and to track you via your device ID, or IP address. Through these means, personally identifiable information (e.g. IP address) may be collected.
- Third party cookies: the platforms and partners that we work with may have cookies of their own that they drop onto your devices. Depending on the types of cookies that they use, they may or may not collect personally identifiable information
How can I control or delete cookies?
You have the ability to manage your cookies in a number of ways:
- Refuse your consent of non-essential cookies
- Disable Pietrasanta or third-part cookies via your browser settings
By refusing certain cookies, you may compromise your user experience on the website as well as its functionality, and not all features may be available to you as a result.
When using different devices to access Pietrasanta’s website, you may wish to tailor each device to suit you cookies preferences.
The ways to change cookies preferences differ from browser to browser. Should you wish to do so, please find external user guides for each browser: